List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: contracting someone to help us out
From:       Jussi Schultink <jussi () jussi01 ! com>
Date:       2016-12-13 3:20:08

I agree with sebas, this is a pretty huge task for a one time contract.
maybe the best idea is to have someone come in and evaluate,  take stock of
what is done well, what needs to be done and provide detailed job
descriptions of tasks to do, so that community members can do these tasks?

Jussi

On 12 Dec 2016 9:30 PM, "Sebastian K=C3=BCgler" <sebas@kde.org> wrote:

On maandag 5 december 2016 23:19:46 CET Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> At the board meeting last weekend we discussed which area of KDE would
> benefit the most from some paid support by a contractor for a limited
> time and where we would get the most bang for the buck so to speak. We
> have discussed various options, including fundraising and website
> coding. In the end in our opinion it seems best to get someone who can
> support you, the KDE Promo Team. The board has various ideas for the
> specific tasks for the person but I'd like to hear from you if you
> generally agree with getting a contractor and what you think the
> person should focus on.

Here's a quick list:

1) Make sure our website communicates what we want to "sell" in an
attractive
   way
2) Organize the community to help with promo, writing articles, blogs, etc.
3) Help with release promotion (manage press, make sure release notes and
press kits are there and up to date), connect journalists with developers,
etc.

These are all pretty huge tasks, and to make an impact, a one-time churn
isn't
going to pay off in the long run, we need these things organized and planne=
so community members can help out. More leadership on the promo side would
be
great.

I'd be happy to help anyone taking on this task to hit the ground running.

Cheers,
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org