List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Plasma 5
From:       Kevin Krammer <krammer () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-05-10 14:42:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday, 2014-05-09, 23:35:23, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> > That's because they are all called 4.x and why we should stop calling our
> > 3
> > future releases all 5.x ;-)
>
> You missed the point :) Majority of users will still perceive the desktop
> environment served by distros as one whole, they will not know and most
> probably not care that it's three completely separate things; to them it
> will all be one whole suite. All part of "the desktop".

I am not so sure.
At the moment that is caused by the SC release which bundles everything.

I find it likely that people will continue to use KDE x.y when addressing the
workspace product, no matter if it is called Plasma a.b or something else, but
I don't see how they would call both the desktop as well as all applications
KDE once they are no longer released together.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring