List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Plasma 5
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-05-10 13:39:12

El Divendres, 9 de maig de 2014, a les 22:50:53, David Edmundson va escriure:
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> > El Divendres, 9 de maig de 2014, a les 21:07:50, Martin Klapetek va
escriure:

> > > Whatever you get with Kubuntu 15.04, Fedora 31, openSuse 15.2. They will
> > > get a complete bundle of desktop and apps, they won't care about the
> > > particular versions, they will just care that they will have their
> > > favorite
> > > desktop environment with their favorite apps --> KDE5.
> > >
> > > It's like right now you have KDE Workspaces 4.11, KDE Libs 4.9 (or
> > > whatever) and KDE Apps 4.12, it's all still "KDE4" to people, it's "the
> > > desktop" you get with Kubuntu, Fedora, openSuse and X others...
> >
> > That's because they are all called 4.x and why we should stop calling our
> > 3
> > future releases all 5.x ;-)
>
> Do you imagine apps switching to being called:
> KDE Apps 2014.09 when built on frameworks?

No, I'm suggesting the apps should switch to 14.xy naming now, I'm also not
suggesting a wholesale move to frameworks, btu since noone seems to read kde-
devel (or they don't care) my email with that proposal got like 2 answers.

*If* we go for date naming we need to drop the "20" (I think the same for
Plasma but I'm not going to argue with the Plasma guys over their naming),
since basically it gives no extra info (we'll all be mostly dead by 2100) and
makes it much harder to pronounce:

two thousand forteen dot nine
vs
forteen dot nine