List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About the Edu-Sprint and Sponsorship in Randa.
From:       Thomas Thym <ungethym () mevin ! net>
Date:       2012-07-08 15:06:06

On Saturday 07 July 2012, 07.14:49 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 06 July 2012 22:41:05 Mario Fux wrote:
> > kickstarter.com is another option.
>
> It's only available for US projects, and it only pays money to the project,
> if the goal is reached. So I don't think this is an option for us.
>
> > The brochure is on its way. But the translation is a huge amount of work.
> > Will prioritize the pages. And try to spread the work. Keep you updated.
>
> Great.
>
> > What about things like:
> > - Post card signed by people from Randa
> > - T-Shirt signed
> > - Lunch/dinner in Randa
> > - Big amount of money: We bring you to Randa
>
> Good ideas. Is this something we do want to do, giving perks for different
> levels of donations? On one hand it gives some motivation to donate, on the
> other hand it is additional work to set up and maintain. What do you think?

With extrinsic motivation (you get a carrot if you donte) we are destroying
intrinsic motivation (to donate to do good or to support a project wich is
important for you).
More options make it more difficult to deside. A couple of weeks (or perhaps
months) I donated for a project with about 100 possibilities, depending on 5
or 10 USD stepps (ok, what feeled like 100 was more than 10 or 15 in reality.)
A had an amount in mind when I entered the site and was so confused by the
options that I left the site to deside. Luckily I came back an donated the
amount I was planing. But am not sure until today if I should write an e-mail,
that I don't need the carrot.

So I would be carefull with offering carrots for donations. But perhaps it is
only me thinking this way and it is successful by these projekts.

But in general it is a good idea to have a donation option.

Thomas