List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About the Edu-Sprint and Sponsorship in Randa.
From:       Benjamin Port <benjamin.port () ben2367 ! fr>
Date:       2012-07-07 19:52:05

On Saturday 07 July 2012 07:14:49 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 06 July 2012 22:41:05 Mario Fux wrote:
> > kickstarter.com is another option.
>
> It's only available for US projects, and it only pays money to the project,
> if the goal is reached. So I don't think this is an option for us.
>
> > The brochure is on its way. But the translation is a huge amount of work.
> > Will prioritize the pages. And try to spread the work. Keep you updated.
>
> Great.
>
> > What about things like:
> > - Post card signed by people from Randa
> > - T-Shirt signed
> > - Lunch/dinner in Randa
> > - Big amount of money: We bring you to Randa
>
> Good ideas. Is this something we do want to do, giving perks for different
> levels of donations? On one hand it gives some motivation to donate, on the
> other hand it is additional work to set up and maintain. What do you think?
If we need to have more than one donation campaign in the future, perhaps we
can turn on a sprint dontation website. And in this one we can have the
donation history, if there is a current donation or not...
Then we can send  stickers with a catch-phrase like: "Help KDE to be better,
help to organize sprint" (I'm not inspired for the catch-phrase ...) and add a
link to the KDE donation website. So when a person donate he can help twice,
firstly by the donation itself and then by doing some publicity for the
donation campaign.
With this solution there is only one address for donation independent from the
donation website if we want to change for a future donation campaign.

I also found this website: http://www.gofundme.com
Cheers,
--
Benjamin Port