List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About the Edu-Sprint and Sponsorship in Randa.
From:       Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-07 11:59:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org>wrote:

> On Friday 06 July 2012 15:06:31 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> >
> > Aleix Pol, me and Cola were talking in private about fundings of the
> > KDE-Edu meeting, and apol talked about a future fundraising for it. Do
> > we already have a fundraising page?
>
> Not yet. I'm currently looking into how we want to do it. There would be
> pledgie.com or indiegogo.com or we could roll our own just using Paypal,
> or we
> use something completely different. Suggestions?

I personally like the pledgie buttons, which show the target amount and the
current raised amount, which is imho way better than simple "donate" paypal
button. People can see the progress and may be better motivated to
contribute ("oh look, they miss only couple thousand euros, ok, this
project seems to be important so I'll donate as well"). Also it needs to be
followed by a good/clear description what would people gain from donating
(aka "why should I donate").

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer