List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Spark and KDE and Tablet-Projects for Schools in Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony/Germany
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2012-03-07 17:48:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday, 2012-03-06, Daniel Rohde-Kage wrote:

> Another question: Which open format provides interactive
> multimedia-content, is editable and fits to an open platform. And (the
> wish of every non-IT-teacher) is easy to use? HTML(5), Epub?

HTML5 or more precisely the combination of current Web technologies can almost
certainly deliver on all those points.

The main problem is, as far as I know, that traditional vendors for authoring
tools (e.g. Adobe) have long ignored that platform in order to boost their own
proprietary system for rich, interactive content (in Adobe's case Flash).

So the only people currently making heavy use of those capabiltiies are
developers. Basically all devices allow applications to be written using those
technologies, some are even advertising them as their main API (Tizen, WebOS,
Mozilla's Boot2Gecko, etc.).

I guess it would be necessary to evaluate whether recent shifts in
technologies (e.g. the slow death of Flash) has improved (or will improve in
the near future) the situation for content authors who are not developers.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring