List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [SPAM] Re: kde haters' blog
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-22 11:56:29

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:28, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 05:33:34 Dion Moult wrote:
> > Anyways, I think we have an appropriate time coming up for a Hate Week. 4.7
>
> first: such feedback is meaningless without a corresponding effort to address
> the issues. work is what is important, not words.

I believe that Stuart Jarvis addressed that by proposing to limit the
posts _only_ to those who are actively fixing bugs. Therefore,
contributors such as yourself would be able to chime in, but users
such as myself who only report bugs and feature requests would be
absent. I would even volunteer to be the one to comb the posts for
issues to confirm and then to file in bugzilla.

> second: communicating in the negative voice is how one creates negative
> mindsets which translate to discouragement.

This is true, and yet another reason why Jarvis' proposal makes sense.
Such posts would begin in a positive voice.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com