List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [SPAM] Re: kde haters' blog
From:       Carl Symons <carlsymons () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-13 21:02:11

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia@kde.org> wrote:
> Can we please not do that?
> If anyone is looking for people writing negative stuff there is a
> whole internet out there already with it. We don't need to add more.
> Trolls don't need our help finding stuff to complain about in KDE's
> software.
> Give this a positive kick like "Describe the KDE app of your dreams."
> or similar. Or at least make it constructive and don't call it hate
> something.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

I agree with Lydia.

There is no shortage of ways for people to communicate what they don't
like. And people don't just complain, they go far out of their way to
demonstrate why their complaint deserves a special hearing. (I had no
idea that there were so many "user since before KDE 1.0"). Not only
that, there have been many, well-reasoned responses to the "KDE 3 was
better". It doesn't make sense to invite more vitriol.

The http://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/ reflects much of what is
attractive about the KDE community to me. I'd much rather hear about
KDE dreams and possibilities than strigi/nepomuk/akonadi/KDE4
complaining.

Carl