List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [SPAM] Re: kde haters' blog
From:       Thomas Thym <ungethym () mevin ! net>
Date:       2011-06-13 22:04:17

On Monday 13 June 2011 21:46:27 wrote Dion Moult:
> On Monday 13 June 2011 21:46:33 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> > Can we please not do that?
> > If anyone is looking for people writing negative stuff there is a
> > whole internet out there already with it. We don't need to add more.
> > Trolls don't need our help finding stuff to complain about in KDE's
> > software.
>
> Which is why it is contained to PlanetKDE with only the developers
> participating. It's bound to be constructive, not "trolling" at all.
> Especially if we set up limitations like only talk about the app you dev on,
> or such.
>
> > Give this a positive kick like "Describe the KDE app of your dreams."
> > or similar. Or at least make it constructive and don't call it hate
> > something.
> >
> Agree the name could be much better.

Hi all,

I agree in the point that some form of critical feedback could help us to improve our \
software. However I am wondering if there are not better ways to do that. I am for a \
transparent communication process but this could be too much in public adressing the \
"wrong" people. Having the discussion focused on the future may help (to focus on how \
the software should look like or act like or something), but I read too many "you \
should do this and that" posts and mails in the last weeks.

Perhaps we should refocus the brainstorm section in the forums. There you can put \
write about your improvements and whishes. Perhaps a dot article or a blogpost series \
could focus on successful input, or a summary of data (xx ideas submitted, yy \
evaluated, zz realized) or just ask for more (if it is successful from the \
perspective of users, developers and forum moderators). Or an interview with one of \
the involved.

KDE is "share the love" :-)
(Please do not ask for hate *g*)

Cheers,