List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Enterprise site
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-05-10 5:57:49

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Lukas <1lukas1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you really really really want to use Durpal (or PhpNuke, or Php ?  From
> what I've worked with it, it more a pain in the... from the stone age. Not
> talking about security holes (mostly in the plugins). Would you like to try
> e.g. http://www.impresspages.org , If you like xml -
> http://symphony-cms.com/ or even WordPress.

KDE has selected Drupal as it's CMS option in general, and (from a
Sysadmin point of view anyway) is much easier to adminster, manage and
keep updated in comparison to Wordpress (which has to have an instance
per site, in comparison to Drupal which can have a single shared
instance, with modules which can also be shared).

@James: If you wish I can setup an instance for you on the KDE server
which hosts our Drupal sites. (It also hosts the forum and wikis...)

Regards,
Ben