List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Releases Development Platform,
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-08-11 12:11:54

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 19:01:39 Dion Moult wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 August 2010 23:22:56 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > >
> > > Why "Development Platform"? It was agreed that it should only be called
> > > "KDE Platform" because it could lead to confusion with an SDK.
> >
> > i don't have time to dig through the archives to find out what the
> > consensus on this was and i can't remember off hand all of the discussion
> > involved, but this shows why we need to actively document conclusions. we
> > have the pages on community.kde.org: update those! when updating them,
> > notify the list here so that the changes can be proof-read and if needed
> > added to and clarified further.
> >
> > > And http://kde.org/info/4.5.0.php uses the "KDE SC" term btw.
> >
> > that's a release engineering info page, no?

Exactly.

> Slightly off-topic, but I honestly thought it would've been released on the
> 14th? See: http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/08/kde-release-day-for-450-
> delayed.html (comments).
>
> Who then made it the 13th?

The release team, after discussing it. The 10th (not 14th) was announced to
release-team, kde-core-devel and elsewhere, the subject of the email was
"4.5.0 Delayed Until Tuesday, 10th August 2010".

The canonical source for release schedules is TechBase, see
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.5_Release_Schedule

For 4.6, we also already have the schedule:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.6_Release_Schedule

--
sebas