List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] dot and kdenews
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-10 10:41:54

On Monday 10 May 2010 at 10:19 am Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:21, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Yes, it is, and yes, I agree. I rarely feel the urge to write such
> > > small things but if others do - please go ahead and indeed, publish
> > > them, as they're of little consequence. However. They CAN push
> > > important articles down - I have no problem publishing them shortly
> > > BEFORE an important article, but once that is out it would be a shame
> > > to move it down too quickly. So as long as we can make sure that
> > > doesn't happen - publish away.

True, so we'd still need an element of coordination.

> > Honestly? Publishing without at least one review is a no-go. Doesn't
> > matter how small the article is. And it is a lot easier to get
> > reviewers for 5 lines than a 2 page interview.
>
> True, it's easy to get a quick review - still, such a small article -
> imho it doesn't matter much. How about we ask for a review and if it
> ain't there in say an hour, let's just put it live?

An hour would not be long enough for me to see a review request and act on it
in most cases.

I don't think I've ever actually put up one of these short articles so I don't
really have a basis for saying that the review process would be slow. Probably
my first point about just having other things to do than write these small
articles is more of a blocker for me.

So how about if Troy and others want to write small articles to things on
other sites they do so and we see how it works under the existing rules. Then
if there is a problem we can decide how to deal with it.

Stu