List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] kdenews.org
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2010-05-08 23:14:43

Hi,

I saw the thread on the kdenews.org domain issue but don't have it
saved.

I assure you guys, the only thing kdenews.org domain should be good
for at this point in time is redirecting to the official dot.kde.org
domain/URLs.

Do *not* hardcode or link directly to kdenews.org if at all possible
as it is a privately owned domain and may expire and be snatched up at
any time.  I've tried transferring the domain to KDE e.V. a few times
but the attempts have not been successful for unknown reasons.  I've
been renewing it out of pocket for some years now but you never know.

KDE Dot News (this was always the official name, the KDE.News logo was
due to artistic liberty at play) did start out as an unofficial
project but very quickly became the official news site for KDE.

kdenews.org was mainly used for handing out email addresses and
various sub-domains such as static.kdenews.org which hosted static
content; dot.kde.org was always the preferred URL.

Thanks,
Navin.