List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Request for string freeze exception (was: Re:
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-31 10:45:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 30 December 2009, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Thomas Reitelbach
> > Am Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2009 18:22:25 schrieb Friedrich W. H.
Kossebau:
> >> Hi translators,
> >>
> >> time is running short while some of you are struggling to reach
> >> the release criteria. Still, can we please make another change?
> >>
> >> The last tab ("Support KDE") of the About-KDE dialog (in all help
> >> menus) in trunk needs an update, as it still uses "KDE" if
> >> referring to our products. Sadly seems to be missed during the
> >> Rebranding efforts:

> >> So, are you able to cope with the rewrite (which would be
> >> preferred as this text appears in each and every program) or do
> >> you rather prefer the minor change? Or no change at all at this
> >> moment?
> >
> > We (the german team) would be able to translate  the rewrite in
> > time, but is this change really necessary right now?
> > It's not a bug. Neither the function of software nor usability is
> > impaired by the missed rebranded text. And I guess that rebranding
> > has to take place at several more places in KDE software anyway.
>
> Well, what is a bug?

"bug" is used with so many different meanings that's it's useless to ask
this question. Thomas meant "bug" in the sense of "software defect",
i.e. the software does not work as intended. A wrong text in an About
dialog is no software defect.

Note that I'm arguing neither for or against changing the text. I'm just
explaining what most people mean when they say "bug".

Regards,
Ingo