List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [Campkde-organizers] Be Free contest judging
From:       Chani <chanika () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-25 19:29:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On December 25, 2009 01:24:51 Troy Unrau wrote:
> Here are the contest entries (with names removed, although they could
> be found by those on the campkde internal lists). I suggest that we
> have this sorted out by the 26th so that the e.V. can work their
> magic. I personally apologize for being so busy and doing such a poor
> job at promoting this contest. The fact that we only got three
> submissions is pretty much my fault alone.
>
> Entry #3 is officially withdrawn, but I figured I'd share it with you
> folks anyway. If there's any way we can get these people further
> involved in the community, then KDE wins. It's as Martin said: if you
> spend 45 minutes talking to someone and they end up contributing to
> KDE, then the time (and in this case, money) is well spent.

I might be able to change #3's mind, if there were lots of votes.  obviously
this means I can't vote myself... uhm... who gets to vote on it, anyways?

> I suggest we only recommend one flight to the e.V. board. My
> impression is that entry #2 might be more akin to the message we're
> trying to send to the north american audience. #1 seems to play to the
> geeks, and the geeks we can win through existing channels. #2 can be
> used as a case study, if we convince him to help us with some details.
> Ergo, I vote #2.
>
> On a related note, it looks like I won't be able to afford to attend
> the event myself. My tuition was due at the start of January, which
> leaves me unable to front the money for a flight. I will try to do my
> best with regard to marketing surrounding the event without being in
> attendance.

but.. but.. :/
can't you get e.V funding or something?
although it does seem rather late.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com