List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] showcase videos for edu
From:       Anne Wilson <annew () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-23 10:09:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 December 2009 21:30:36 Justin Kirby wrote:
> After a day or so of fussing with the software I've mostly got it working.
> I plan to write a wiki article on this eventually so that if other promo
> people want to do something similar in the near future they won't have so
> much trouble :)  The short story though, is that in the end you just need
> two packages.  RecordMyDesktop and Kdenlive.  Then you configure Kdenlive
>  to be the GUI that does screencaptures using RecordMyDesktop.

Justin, just observations which I hope you will find helpful.  If you do these
as silent recordings they need to be done very much slower than most people do
them.  If there is a sound commentary that isn't as important, but even then,
remember that people watching it for the first time don't know what to expect,
so it takes a second or two for them to register what you are actually doing -
and meanwhile they might have missed something.  :-) especially if they need
to read text on a tab or icon, or whatever.

I'm looking forward to seeing this on userbase - I think it has a lot of
possible application and wide appeal.  I'd group it with Hans Chen's work on
looping animated gifs.  Together they'd make a very nice tutorial group.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group
New to KDE SC4? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org