List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] showcase videos for edu
From:       Justin Kirby <justin () neomantra ! org>
Date:       2009-12-22 21:30:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Lydia,

So this video thing is turning out to be way more work than I thought....but
fear not I haven't given up!

After a day or so of fussing with the software I've mostly got it working.
I plan to write a wiki article on this eventually so that if other promo
people want to do something similar in the near future they won't have so
much trouble :)  The short story though, is that in the end you just need
two packages.  RecordMyDesktop and Kdenlive.  Then you configure Kdenlive to
be the GUI that does screencaptures using RecordMyDesktop.

On the actual content side I've completed a script and have worked out the
order I"m going to navigate through the application.  So now all that's left
is to hack it together.  But if you could let me know what would be a
reasonable file size or screen resolution in the end and where it might be
posted or what format it should be in that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Justin