List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] A quick note on how SCALE 7x went
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-02-24 16:55:14

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 05:55:56 am A. L. Spehr wrote:
> It's over, and it went well, and I don't think I ever stopped talking to
> people the whole time!
Vs any other time ;)  But yeah we got swamped almost constantly for both days.
The only really slow time for us was during the keynotes and when free food
was being offered elsewhere. Personally I was proud of the image we conveyed as
a group.

> People were impressed by our booth (http://flikr.com/blauzahl will
> eventually have them, probably tommorrow), and thought us very professional
> looking in our blue shirts. I think wandering around the floor with
> pretzels worked too. :D

I have a few pics at: http://www.geiseri.com/pictures/scale  I think
http://www.geiseri.com/pictures/scale/p1000807.jpg and
http://www.geiseri.com/pictures/scale/p1000813.jpg are a good example of how
our traffic was.
> Most telling comment on how people perceive us: "Wow, you have business
> cards! I didn't think KDE was that organized."
Well I think this also shows that as a group we need to really expose
ourselves in the US.

> I'll blog (more) and write a dot article in a bit.
Maybe we should compare notes on our experiences.

-ian reinhart geiser