List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] What next? (promo in usa)
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-02-24 16:55:11

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 06:01:48 am A. L. Spehr wrote:
> (What I was actually going to add to that last one: scale went well, so now
> what?)
We get some sleep :D

> I see several shows on here, and several were handing me flyers and asking
> for speakers, etc.
I am going to volunteer to speak at SELF in June.  I think it would also make
sense to have a booth there too.  Since these are on weekends I think I can
help on a few of them without sucking too much work time up.  I also should
give a talk at Ohio Linux Festival.  To be honest I think I am going to stick
in this hemisphere for a while seeing if we can drum up a bigger community.

> What/where do we concentrate? What show next? Is anyone putting these on a
> datebook or something?
I guess part of me thinks we only have the resources for divide and conquer
approach.  Personally I thought we had  a great team assembled at SCALE.  We
were organized professional. I think the comment was that we "where like the
apple store only less creepy"   Between Devon IT and Qt Software we had an
awesome demo to show.  I also have unofficial word that we can get the two demo
machines on a permanent basis.

So I think for a next step is I would look at what we spent on SCALE and see
if it makes sense to create a budget for a few other regional events.

What are others opinions?

-ian reinhart geiser