List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] bad mood in german kde usenet group
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-02 18:49:57

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Mark Ziegler <mark.ziegler@rakekniven.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just visited de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde and there are some people complaining
> about kde 4.1.
>
> Details are not given very much. Just some general statements like crashes,
> behavior, kde 3.5.9 is better ...

Well, the crashes - yeah, sucks, but 3.5.9 is obviously more stable
than 4.1.0... I would still encourage them to report the crashes, we'd
love to fix them.

> Details:
> - Self defined keyboard shortcuts are not working

Shortcuts are bad for me too, but I run trunk, so I can't check if
it's working properly in stable... Either way, it's true the shortcut
system needs work. It behaves postitively weird, has for months :D

> - Alt + F1 is working only once. As soon as you switch the menu style it
> doesn't work anymore. I can confirm it here.

Sounds like worth filing a bug for, so 4.1.1 can fix it.

> Are there any ressources like FAQ's, list of limitations?
Some info here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules

> How can I transfer my PIM data (config, content) to 4.1 was another most
> wanted answer?
> I wanna know it too :-)

There's a tool on kde-apps helping with this. I agree this is
something not working properly in all apps. Ideally, it should 'just
work', after all, there is an config upgrade system in KDE (KConfig or
whatever it's called). But some app dev's seem not to know about this,
so it doesn't always work.

> I know this list is no support channel, but maybe someone can support me to
> give the right hints.

Hmmm, yes, this is the wrong channel for sure, and I shouldn't answer.
But hey, a couple of beers have made me a bit more easy-going. Don't
count on it next time ;-)

> Cheers,
> Mark
>
> --
> MarkyMark listen to "Moonspell - Opium (Irreligious)

Maybe that was the que to I answer your questions ;-)