List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Notes on release notes
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jos () mijnkamer ! nl>
Date:       2007-09-06 12:57:16

On 9/6/07, Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:
> Some remarks on the release notes which make my life easier:
>
> - Make sure we have three keymessages, those should be mentioned in the first
> paragraph (it's usually a good idea to start the release note writing
> process with defining those keymessages and then base the rest of the story
> on it.
>
> - No shadows for images, as soon as I need to replace one image (which is
> almost always the case, I'll have to recreate the shadow. That is hard to
> get consistent with other images. I'd much prefer just no shadows at all.
>
> - No screenshots of things that aren't part of the release, in this case
> Amarok and Mosfet's imagebrowser need to be removed
>
> - All screenshots should use the same windec and style (this time, it's the
> koffice one that's different). Poke KOffice people to deliver that or don't
> put the screenshot in. The times of visually cluttered KDE screenshots
> should've been gone for a long time.
>
> - Having the screenshots at the right size makes size tags unnecessary and
> purely a maintainance burden
>
> - When mentioning components, also tell what they do, for example: Strigi,
> KDE4's indexing framework makes finding supermodels easier.
>
> Of course those are only minor issues, but it would be stupid to not try to
> improve on this. In general, the notes look really exciting, thanks for the
> work, Jos.

It's good you mention these. I would have send you the exact same,
troubled version next time.
So the text must be a bit more explainy and focused. I'll need help on
the keymessages, then...

And sumarizing the pictures stuff:
- no more shadows
- I think I get the size thing - I'll just shouldn't use size tags anymore.
- and a consistent look. Of course on this, it's mostly practical this time.
- only screenshots from stuff in the release, huh? OK...