List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Notes on release notes
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-06 12:19:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Some remarks on the release notes which make my life easier:

- Make sure we have three keymessages, those should be mentioned in the first
  paragraph (it's usually a good idea to start the release note writing
  process with defining those keymessages and then base the rest of the story
  on it.

- No shadows for images, as soon as I need to replace one image (which is
  almost always the case, I'll have to recreate the shadow. That is hard to
  get consistent with other images. I'd much prefer just no shadows at all.

- No screenshots of things that aren't part of the release, in this case
  Amarok and Mosfet's imagebrowser need to be removed

- All screenshots should use the same windec and style (this time, it's the
  koffice one that's different). Poke KOffice people to deliver that or don't
  put the screenshot in. The times of visually cluttered KDE screenshots
  should've been gone for a long time.

- Having the screenshots at the right size makes size tags unnecessary and
  purely a maintainance burden

- When mentioning components, also tell what they do, for example: Strigi,
  KDE4's indexing framework makes finding supermodels easier.

Of course those are only minor issues, but it would be stupid to not try to
improve on this. In general, the notes look really exciting, thanks for the
work, Jos.
--
sebas

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you
do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours. - Sir Stephen Henry Roberts