On 9/6/07, Sebastian Kügler wrote: > Some remarks on the release notes which make my life easier: > > - Make sure we have three keymessages, those should be mentioned in the first > paragraph (it's usually a good idea to start the release note writing > process with defining those keymessages and then base the rest of the story > on it. > > - No shadows for images, as soon as I need to replace one image (which is > almost always the case, I'll have to recreate the shadow. That is hard to > get consistent with other images. I'd much prefer just no shadows at all. > > - No screenshots of things that aren't part of the release, in this case > Amarok and Mosfet's imagebrowser need to be removed > > - All screenshots should use the same windec and style (this time, it's the > koffice one that's different). Poke KOffice people to deliver that or don't > put the screenshot in. The times of visually cluttered KDE screenshots > should've been gone for a long time. > > - Having the screenshots at the right size makes size tags unnecessary and > purely a maintainance burden > > - When mentioning components, also tell what they do, for example: Strigi, > KDE4's indexing framework makes finding supermodels easier. > > Of course those are only minor issues, but it would be stupid to not try to > improve on this. In general, the notes look really exciting, thanks for the > work, Jos. It's good you mention these. I would have send you the exact same, troubled version next time. So the text must be a bit more explainy and focused. I'll need help on the keymessages, then... And sumarizing the pictures stuff: - no more shadows - I think I get the size thing - I'll just shouldn't use size tags anymore. - and a consistent look. Of course on this, it's mostly practical this time. - only screenshots from stuff in the release, huh? OK... > -- > sebas > > http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9 > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you > do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will > understand why I dismiss yours. - Sir Stephen Henry Roberts _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.