List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Beta 2 announcement
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jos () mijnkamer ! nl>
Date:       2007-09-03 15:40:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 9/2/07, Jos Poortvliet <jos@mijnkamer.nl> wrote:

> Dear people,
>
> I have the first drafts for the Beta 2 announcement ready. This time, I
> have NOT contacted a bunch of distributions about their plans for Beta 2, as
> I generally receive the same stuff (Kubuntu and OpenSuse have packages for
> their stable distro, others only have packages in their development branch).
>

> I wrote about the summer of code results, this needs ppl to go through, as
> I haven't contacted ALL students about their parts. And yes, it's not
> complete, feel free to add stuff. I just don't have the energy and time to
> write extensively about ALL SoC stuff - its soo much...
>
> I have the Dot announcement, and the info page. Both not ready, probably
> some errors etc.
>
> PLEASE just take a minute, read through it, and mention those small
> mistakes you see (and the larger as well, of course). It's really a big
> thing for me if you take this minute, and it doesn't cost you much time, so
> again - please. I don't feel comfortable letting sebas do all the fixing of
> my mistakes, he has enough to do, and besides, more eyeballs... you know the
> drill...

Can I ask this again? If nobody can take 2 minutes to just read through it
and give comments, I just can't publish it... I can't let dannya and sebas
always do all fixes and corrections, that's just not fair. Is nobody capable
of reading 2 pages and giving some suggestions?

One thing to specifically note: