List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Beta 2 announcement
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jos () mijnkamer ! nl>
Date:       2007-09-02 10:47:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Dear people,

I have the first drafts for the Beta 2 announcement ready. This time, I have
NOT contacted a bunch of distributions about their plans for Beta 2, as I
generally receive the same stuff (Kubuntu and OpenSuse have packages for
their stable distro, others only have packages in their development branch).

I wrote about the summer of code results, this needs ppl to go through, as I
haven't contacted ALL students about their parts. And yes, it's not
complete, feel free to add stuff. I just don't have the energy and time to
write extensively about ALL SoC stuff - its soo much...

I have the Dot announcement, and the info page. Both not ready, probably
some errors etc.

PLEASE just take a minute, read through it, and mention those small mistakes
you see (and the larger as well, of course). It's really a big thing for me
if you take this minute, and it doesn't cost you much time, so again -
please. I don't feel comfortable letting sebas do all the fixing of my
mistakes, he has enough to do, and besides, more eyeballs... you know the
drill...

One thing to specifically note:
In light of the recent change in release schedule (and some first emails
requesting exceptions) I changed the part about "plasma is exempt from
feature freeze" to "Yet some KDE components like Plasma are exempt from this
freeze, so in some area's, KDE will still see major improvements."

thank you in advance.

Love,

Jos