List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.0 release delayed cited
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-01 19:52:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 01 September 2007 20:22:50 Eric Krüse wrote:
> This is exactly what Mr. Shuttleworth was talking of at AKademy; Gnome
> drops stuff to keep their release schedule and we do not..... If we were
> more reliable maybe a derivative of Ubuntu would not be KUbunutu but
> GUbuntu.

This is nonsense. Readjusting the release schedule is the only way to get KDE
4.0 shipped in any usable state. That has *nothing* to do with feature-based
or time-based releases, the situation we're in is completely different.

Otherwise, please tell me how removing a feature should make us be able to tag
at the end of October without total embarrassment?
--
sebas