List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] promo through tutorials with real life examples
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-11 15:24:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 8:08, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2006 21:08, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> >
> > Sabayon's nicest parts are fatally flawed. the "do it in an xnest window"
> > has real issues on thin client systems, as was demonstrated to me (and a
> > room full of people) a few months ago at an ubuntu conference.
>
> Curious... what breaks there with thin client systems?

i forget now what the exact technical issue was but it came down to "doesn't
work when logged into an ltsp system". it was at a "how to improve lock down
in edubuntu" bof at a conference earlier this year and it was a technically
adept GNOME fan that demonstrated the issues so i took him at his word and
his computer at its display ;)

> > > New tutorials could be in a monthly KDE journal... just thinking aloud.
> >
> > would this work well with Daniel's thoughts on "example workflows"?
>
> Yes, that direction (do not have a very clear idea, myself). And they
> should be references, from externals.

which means some quality control; at a minimum a template for people to start
with.

> Cannot back it, but I think external
> references work well for a better reputation and trust in the advertised

yes, this is a given

--
Aaron J. Seigo