List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Possibility of changing "desktop" name is harmful
From:       Luke Parry <parry.luke () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-25 21:07:33

I still think that it is important that the desktop should be accessible
within Konqueror and other Kde applications. For example I am sure that the
desktop is the default location for Firefox and not the home folder itself,
which isn't good practise anyway.

However making the desktop available ever as a link on the navigational bar,
when your in the home folder would be useful but not visible in the home
folder view. Through personal experience some desktops I have seen, a lot of
work is kept on the desktop, at least on Windows Based machines.

Luke Parry