I still think that it is important that the desktop should be accessible within Konqueror and other Kde applications. For example I am sure that the desktop is the default location for Firefox and not the home folder itself, which isn't good practise anyway. However making the desktop available ever as a link on the navigational bar, when your in the home folder would be useful but not visible in the home folder view. Through personal experience some desktops I have seen, a lot of work is kept on the desktop, at least on Windows Based machines. Luke Parry On Tuesday 25 July 2006 17:34, Kimmo Sundqvist wrote: > On Friday 14 July 2006 20:49, Kevin Krammer wrote: > > Speaking as with my KDE user support staff hat on, I can't remember a > > single question regarding such a problem. My guess is that user normally > > do not change the desktop directory and those who do know what they are > > doing and can change other settings accordingly. > > I'd propose changing the ~/Desktop directory to ~/.desktop > > It feels odd to open one's home folder and see the real desktop (i.e. > background) at the same time with a folder called Desktop, which, after > opening it, has all the same content the "desktop" desktop, i.e. the real > desktop has. > > To accommodate any broken programs, distros or users could make a link > called ~/Desktop to ~/.desktop until the matter is settled with some mighty > declaration of Freedesktop.Org > > -Kimmo S. > > _______________________________________________ > kde-quality mailing list > kde-quality@kde.org > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-quality _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.