List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Preparing for 3.5.4
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2006-06-28 13:50:10

Ahoy,

On Sunday 25 June 2006 14:39, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimarts 20 Juny 2006 23:45, Tom Chance va escriure:
> > 3rd July - Have a reasonable idea of the interesting new stuff
>
> Interesting things i spotted:
> * Lots of KHTML fixes
> * KNetworkconf support for Fedora Core 5
> * Have the possibility of multiple holidays beginning on the same date
> * Optimization of dynamically wrapped lines in kate
> * Speedups in konsole
> * KFind supports searching for files > 2GB
> * Merge of coolo's media:/ branch that fixed lots of bugs/wishes
>
> Any volunteer to write the press release draft?

Let's discuss these a bit first. We want one or two main messages to come out
of this, and right now we have seven interesting points.

Can anyone elaborate on the media:/ branch merge, or ask coolo about it? What
interesting bugs and wishes were fixed/implemented? It looks like it could be
bigger than the other things.

Another thought I had is - what about going with translations in a really big
way? We've mentioned it a bit before, but we could try to make a bigger
splash just on the main story that "KDE now has x translations (with the
release of 3.5.4)!" We wouldn't actually bracket the release part, but I hope
you get the idea.

So can someone get data on the translations, especially the number of
reasonably complete languages and any changes in 3.5.4?

Regards,
Tom

--
I'll give £100 to People & Planet if 20 people give £10.
Help me help this amazing student activist network!