List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Preparing for 3.5.4
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-25 13:39:30

A Dimarts 20 Juny 2006 23:45, Tom Chance va escriure:
> Ahoy,
>
> This is your friendly reminder :o)
>
> KDE 3.5.4 is currently earmarked for release on the 24th of July [1].Here
> are some relevant promo deadlines:
>
> 3rd July - Have a reasonable idea of the interesting new stuff
> 10th July - Get a first draft of the press release on the list
> 17th July - Approve the final version of the press release
> 22nd July - Feed the press release to certain wires & trusted journalists
> 24th July - Coordinate sending stuff out and running a Dot story with TWG
>
> Let's see if we can stick to that.
>
> The first thing then is to start gathering intelligence about any
> interesting stories to do with 3.5.4. Are there any new features, any
> significant bugfixes, any interesting collaboration stories? Can we link
> the release to any other bigger, more interesting stories to ride the wave
> of interest they gather? Have we hit a translations milestone? Or are we
> stuck running the traditional "minor improvements" line :(
>
> Carsten, are you still on for producing the nice changelogs?

I did them for him.

Interesting things i spotted:
 * Lots of KHTML fixes
 * KNetworkconf support for Fedora Core 5
 * Have the possibility of multiple holidays beginning on the same date
 * Optimization of dynamically wrapped lines in kate
 * Speedups in konsole
 * KFind supports searching for files > 2GB
 * Merge of coolo's media:/ branch that fixed lots of bugs/wishes

Any volunteer to write the press release draft?

Albert