A Dimarts 20 Juny 2006 23:45, Tom Chance va escriure: > Ahoy, > > This is your friendly reminder :o) > > KDE 3.5.4 is currently earmarked for release on the 24th of July [1].Here > are some relevant promo deadlines: > > 3rd July - Have a reasonable idea of the interesting new stuff > 10th July - Get a first draft of the press release on the list > 17th July - Approve the final version of the press release > 22nd July - Feed the press release to certain wires & trusted journalists > 24th July - Coordinate sending stuff out and running a Dot story with TWG > > Let's see if we can stick to that. > > The first thing then is to start gathering intelligence about any > interesting stories to do with 3.5.4. Are there any new features, any > significant bugfixes, any interesting collaboration stories? Can we link > the release to any other bigger, more interesting stories to ride the wave > of interest they gather? Have we hit a translations milestone? Or are we > stuck running the traditional "minor improvements" line :( > > Carsten, are you still on for producing the nice changelogs? I did them for him. Interesting things i spotted: * Lots of KHTML fixes * KNetworkconf support for Fedora Core 5 * Have the possibility of multiple holidays beginning on the same date * Optimization of dynamically wrapped lines in kate * Speedups in konsole * KFind supports searching for files > 2GB * Merge of coolo's media:/ branch that fixed lots of bugs/wishes Any volunteer to write the press release draft? Albert > > Regards, > Tom > > [1] http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.5-release-plan.html _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.