List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Hacks on the Dot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-23 14:24:28

Salaam ya Ahmed and Cristian too,

On Friday 23 June 2006 04:21, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On 22 June 2006 11:57, Ahmed Saad wrote:
> > While I have not heard from the Dot in my feed aggregator for 4 days
> > now, I thought about suggesting that a "KDE Hacks" article series
> > could be started on the Dot..While they might not all be "hacks" as in
> > something undocumented or not-so-obvious.. They might well shed some
> > light (with actual usage scenarios)  on small but very useful
> > KDE-based applications (KDE Wallet, basKet, Kopete, ?) or how to
> > effectiely use relatively bigger applications  (konqueror, koffice,
>
> Given the way the dot functions, I believe that the best way of going
> forward with your idea is to just put up some articles and collaborate with
> the editors for the polishing and the publication.

There was a brief series by Carsten Niehaus on the dot about KDE 3.5
applications; it petered out when Carsten didn't have the time to continue
writing. So I'd say this is an excellent idea (maybe also steal some of the
text Luke Parry has written recently to this list) but you really need to
carry it alone to show it can be done -- and then hopefully people will step
up and chime in.

--
KDE Quality Team
GPG: FEA2 A3FE