List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] suggestions for next release process:
From:       Danil Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-06-02 18:09:03

Friday 02 June 2006 02:52 Tom Chance wrote:
> Would you like to coordinate things, Danil, or would you prefer to take a
> back seat and peer review work posted to the list?
>
> Regards,
> Tom

It's very clear that I want to plug in and out of the process at times when I
can actually help. So, no, I will no be coordinating, unless I bone up my
skills on couple of releases and find that I can do this regularly.

But that was the whole point of "safety net" idea. With advanced warning
combined with thought-through "public safety net framework" - there shouldn't
be a need for highly-involved coordinator. One would just timely initiate the
process and mark the milestones.

Question: Historically, what is the chance of a release actually happening on
the before-hand-planned release date? Can we rely on them, or would watching
the "commit tag" be a better approach?

--
Danil Dotsenko

 (\ /)