List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] suggestions for next release process:
From:       Danil Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-06-01 17:36:56

Thursday 01 June 2006 10:19 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Danil Dotsenko wrote:
> > Our problem was not organization. It was timing.
> >
> > There was only ONE problem thins time around, and there is only ONE date
> > that is important to know - the planned release date. This time, I had
> > no clue when the packages are planned to be released. If someone who
> > knows the approximate date would post it here a week before - makes all
> > the difference in the world.
> > 2. How far in advance is that date known?
>
> One to two months, like for 3.5.3.

2 month warning is pretty much useless as a warning. No fixed bugs yet, no
idea what the freshly baked release is all about. We need to figure out how
to have a 7-5 day warning of already assured release.

> > 3. How do we get those persons "in the loop" to announce it here ABOUT A
> > WEEK IN ADVANCE, so the proper release can be prepared?
>
> Watch the kde-commits for tags/KDE. When it's tagged, there's one week
> left.

That is exactly my problem. Not everyone on this list is watching the
kde-commit tags. Heck, I don't even know what it is. Besides, people who know
what that is, and know when it happens are probably not the best people to
write the release notes. Cause they write "we crashed bugs" instead
of "resolved outstanding code quality issues". (that is not the best way
either, but you should understand the comparison)

Since you know what kde-commit tag is, I propose you will be responsible for
letting us all know about the release date exactly 1 week in advance. :)

--
Danil Dotsenko

 (\ /)
(O.o)