List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] What will the new events framework offer?
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-26 21:51:37

Tom, Barbara, others in the know,

What exactly will the events framework offer? Claire, Sebas, Adriaan and me
have just been brainstorming about events.kde.org and the plan-de-campagne on
getting rid of it.

Sebas will mail -promo shortly with the list of things that we think can be
done right away, even before the events framework is done.

What's left is is events.kde.org/info and everything underneath -- and the
options we discussed depend a lot on what exactly you have in mind with
events.

Those pages are currently in KDE svn, grouped per event, and contain fairly
random bits of information about past events.

One solution would be to import each past event's index page in the events
system as if it's a normal event (but with the date in the past) and attach
all other files as resources. (Tarred or separate.)

Another solution is to keep them in svn, but move them elsewhere to make room
for the events.kde.org name to point to SKO in the future.

Various other options were discussed, and before listing them all, what ideas
do you guys and gals already have?

--
Martijn