List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 3.5 is very alive! Possible Dot-Story?
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-05 18:57:16

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 19:56, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Also, it is not "negative comparative marketing". It is positive about
> KDE. And even what you call negative comparative marketing is to be
> viewed differently, if...
>
> a) ...it is backed up with facts and screenshots, and if it is
> clearly characterized as a personal preference thing too;

Not necessarily. From a "neutral" editor perhaps. But from someone affiliated
with the KDE project, questionable at best. Things like these have backfired
before, it's about time we learn from History.

Even worse would be linking from the Dot or other prominent KDE sites to
inflammatory content.

> b) ...it is not against a fellow FOSS project, but against someone
> "from the outside";

That doesn't give us much of a mature image to the outside world either, it's
really not much better than taking cheap shots at other free software
desktops, if at all.

Now, the article isn't written yet, and perhaps it turns out nicely. But from
what you write here I am not getting excited yet.

--
Martijn