List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 3.5 is very alive! Possible Dot-Story?
From:       Danil Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-04-05 19:01:45

Wednesday 05 April 2006 12:28 Birger Kollstrand:
> Wednesday 05 April 2006 14:24, skrev Torsten Rahn:
> > > Digikam:
> > > Digikam 0.9 is out soon. It kicks ass :)
> >
> > Yes, Digikam desperately needs better promotion. It's way ahead of any of
> > it's competitors. Still its promotion is lacking (while it theoretically
> > could be at least as good as amarok's).
>
> I totally agree, DigiKam is by far the best out there today. It is even
> among the best whatever platform is considered.
>
> What about approaching the distros and ask why it 's not chosen as the
> default app?

What is your definition of "default"? :)

digiKam is the only photo management app on Suse, WHEN you install KDE. It is
not default image viewer (for the better). So, would "the only one available
for the task" suffice as "default" for you?

Daniel
--
 (\ /)
(O.o)