List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] University Sponsorship
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-22 20:54:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 20:17, Dave Rowe wrote:
> What is the best way to go about getting support from the University for
> Open Source development, specifically, KDE in my case.  I thought about
> teaching some classes on the subject of Open Source development (getting
> involved, the culture, build systems, etc), which would give me some time
> to devote to KDE.

There's a couple of people who have given courses; I did a "hacking Qt" class
in my living room for a year, attracting about 10 students (out of maybe 120
total CS at my university). More recently, I thing Kevin Ottens has done so.
Hang up a poster and have at it!

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot