List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] University Sponsorship
From:       Dave Rowe <dave () roweware ! com>
Date:       2006-03-22 19:17:04

Hello,
Just subscribed to the list, thought I'd pose a question.

I'm becoming more involved with KDE development on a personal level, so I wouldn't \
call myself an official 'KDE Developer' by any means, but I want to become more \
involved in that sense.  Currently, I'm enrolled at the University of Nebraska-Omaha \
http://www.unomaha.edu (home of the Peter Kiewit Institute) and I would like to see \
more backing for Open Source development there.

What is the best way to go about getting support from the University for Open Source \
development, specifically, KDE in my case.  I thought about teaching some classes on \
the subject of Open Source development (getting involved, the culture, build systems, \
etc), which would give me some time to devote to KDE.

any ideas?

Thanks!
--
Dave