List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [RFC] does this look good?
From:       "Thu, 29 Dec 2005 02:42:24 +0100" <diegocalleja () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-29 1:42:24

El Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:18:34 +0100,
Harald Sitter <harald.sitter@kdemail.net> escribió:

> But I have to notice that the correct spelling of amaroK is lowercase a and
> uppercase K
> http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/FAQ#Is_it_amaroK.2C_AmaroK_or_Amarok.3F
> Would be cool if you'd fix this.

Oh damn, I have to fix "QT" -> "Qt" aswell according to aseigo. Done now ;)

> But well, good reasons for the ruleness of KDE ;-)

I hope we (KDE users) can build something similar in the kde main site.
It's something quite common (using screenshots to show functionality)
but I feel its strenghts have not been explored a lot - a good combination
of "geek-oriented" (good "technology" is the main strenght of KDE and that's
what must be show) images and texts can have a good effect: KDE has had Kparts
and KIOSlaves documentation (even some user-level documentation and lots of
reviews) for years, still most of non-KDE people know nothing about the
existence of those things. Even the firefox site has not screenshots about
things like ie: the wonderful search bar, for example.