List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Tux magazine Issue #9
From:       Wade Olson <wade () corefunction ! com>
Date:       2005-12-05 15:47:56

On 12/5/05, Tom Chance <tom@acrewoods.net> wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> On Monday 05 December 2005 15:29, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > >
> > > not that i know of. they are a good group of people that give us a very
> > > nice podium from which to speak our message, and they pay the people who
> > > write these things to boot. win-win.
> >
> > We should provide them with a never-ending flow from our marketing
> > machinery. A first step would be getting in touch with them, and offering
> > our support explicitely.
>
> We have to be careful there. Though they give a lot of positive coverage to
> KDE, they will be aware of the need to be relatively unbiased in terms of
> what free software they promote. Their approach, I'm sure, is just to give
> coverage to what they happen to think is best.

Hence my question.  I like all the positive press and contact with Jes
and Danimo et all in this issue and others in past issues.  I'm just
trying to gauge where the tipping point is of "working hand in hand
with a slick and professional periodical to make sure theat we
continue to be well represented" and "pumping them with so much
information that they end up being viewed as a sycophant and it
tarnishes both of us a bit."

Just making sure we make the best of this already good-situation...and
don't work backwards a bit.