List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Tux magazine Issue #9
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-12-05 15:46:53

On Monday 05 December 2005 15:29, Sebastian Kügler wrote:> On Monday 05 December \
2005 16:00, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:> > On Monday 05 December 2005 07:20, Wade Olson \
wrote:> > > Any reason to be more cautious with them?> >> > not that i know of. they \
are a good group of people that give us a very> > nice podium from which to speak our \
message, and they pay the people who> > write these things to boot. win-win.> > We \
should provide them with a never-ending flow from our marketing machinery. That \
approach would be really wrong. At least, it would be only the second- or third-best \
one. If you have time and skills to write a good Linux/Desktop/Newbie article that \
happens to promote a KDE-related program: do that.Offer it to TUXmagazine. Get even \
paid for it! But to swamp and drown the editors in press releases would not bethe \
ticket to success here. Maybe you meant it the way I describedit above even.
> A first step would be getting in touch with them, and offering our support > \
> explicitely.
The first step would be getting in touch with them and offeringa specific article \
with a short abstract of its content, and askif they are interested. Do that as a \
person, each one who has thetime, not as the MWG. \