List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Market Segmentation Proposal v. 0.2
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2005-12-05 0:16:16

On Monday 05 December 2005 01:49, Birger Kollstrand wrote:> søndag 04 desember 2005, \
21:49, skrev Mihnea Capraru:> > This is the second version of the method (proposal) \
to solve the market> > segmentation problem.> >> > Mihnea>> This looks like a \
sensible way to go. I'm no expert in this, but this> method seems logical. ALthough \
mayby assigining logical values to> subjective matters. Well, the subjective matters \
are decisions, and they make up more complex decisions that are logically dependent \
upon the simpler ones. So even if the simple ones are subjective, the way they \
determine the complex ones is objective. Besides, only the desirability tags are \
subjective, the feasibility tags should be objective themselves (not just their \
compounds)
> If we can use this method to go forward , then , if I understand correctly,> we \
> have a set of "markets" that can be assigned to a set of volunteers?
Well, as I see it, we have a set of 'personas', these are imaginary representations \
of typical users. As for markets, this is more complicate. The method I suggest is \
only meant to find out what kinds of _users_ we are talking to. SMEs or schools or \
public institutions are not users themselves, so how we address those markets is \
another issue. The focus of this thread is not how we influence the 'buying \
decision', it's whom we want to use KDE.
> Regards Birger
Yours,
Mihnea