List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] proposal: user story of the week/month
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-29 4:42:57

Hello

This is me dropping an idea for debate: I propose opening some sort of
newspaper-like series with the topic "user story of the week -- how KDE saved
my day/washed my cat/ fed my baby" etc.). We would look for submissions from
KDE users of all calibers, providing useful social/technical/usability tips
or similar kind of information.

Stories would be posted on dot and the authors selected for publication would
be recompensated with a KDE t-shirt/book/stuffed dust gatherer (or whatever
apparel KDE e.V. has in hand that week/month).

This whole thing would have to forefront declared goal of making users
manifest their confidence in KDE thus attracting other, not yet decided
users.

This project would need a team of 2 people dedicating 4h per week (or per
month if not enough submissions) for selecting/cleaning/socially-massaging
the story submissions, publishing the selections and dealing with stuff
delivery.

What do you think?

Thanks

--