List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Competitor Review
From:       "steve () orplex ! com" <steve () orplex ! com>
Date:       2004-12-11 22:12:09

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Stephan Binner binner@kde.org
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:02:16 +0100
To: kde-promo@kde.org

> On Saturday 11 December 2004 20:32, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > yes, usability is a big thing for them. i18n, accessibility and
usability.

> And don't let us forget their first point, "Free" (which is also the first
> point on http://www.gnome.org/about/why.html but there more detailed
> concerning "all underlying libraries are licensed under LGPL).

My guess is that they are taking shots at QT's dual licensing -- but
thinking about it -- is it a good idea for GNOME to talk about FREE more
than features or benefits of GNOME for the user -- i mean does the casual
user really care about the subtext of what free means? If you ask me -- joe
blow cares more about what he get from using it -- i mean if i can download
both for free -- why do i care about the LGPL? I care more about what lets
me do what i want with PC better

[I'm going to put Gnome focusing on free into the review =)]

Steven G