List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Licensing (Was: [kde-promo] What's the community up to?)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-09 9:54:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 09 December 2004 02:51, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> this means that Windows has MS apps + Free Software apps. Linux/BSD/etc has
> Free Software apps. why would ANYone in their right mind who is used to
> Windows switch to Linux or BSD for a web browser? they have no reason to.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12/08/alyon/
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=48&story_id=14270&name=Belgium+invaded+by+spyware

I'm not saying that these problems will never happen on Linux, but at the
moment switching to Linux is a valid option for users to evade such problems.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download