List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Who are KDE's main competitors?
From:       Stephan Binner <binner () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-05 10:51:24

On Sunday 05 December 2004 00:01, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Are you implying that the claims were false?

Dunno, I'm by far not as fascinated by this "big number" as you seem to be.

> If Sun could displace KDE desktop deployments in a organisation with JDS, do
> you think they would do it?

Their goal is not to "displace KDE" but to replace any other operating system.

> that's exactly what Ximian was doing.  They looked at every announcement
> that mentioned a big organisation was switching to KDE and then tried to
> convert them to GNOME.  To this day the City of Largo is still on GNOME.

Offtopic but did you hear Ximian making any noise about it after the city
made the decision (not start of evaluation of GNOME) or after the switch?

> So doesn't that make them a competitor to KDE in some sense?

You say the KDE project is a competitor to distributors/service providers?

Have fun fighting on this level. ;-)

Bye,
   Steve