List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: KDE 3.2 release cycle
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-05-17 9:43:50

> I think we should list every action that could be make to help KDE and then
> put an article on the dot to call for help.
>
> This page is a start:
> http://www.kde.org/helping/

Excellent! I'm really glad I'm not the only one thinking that the current
"support KDE" page is lacking (I'm assuming that particular page is new since
I don't see any link to it from the main page).

The page is however already getting crowded as is, so I'd limit the text to
one introductory notes per section and offer in-depth guidelines on subpages.

[skipping long list]

All great suggestions, all of them should be realized. =)

> There are probably more but that the most important one I think. I am sorry
> I don't have more time for this. The next thing to do is to take this list,
> propose it to kde-core or whatever so that people add more tasks or
> describe each task better, put it somewhere on the kde.org and write an dot
> article calling for people to fill in these positions. Can somebody take
> care of that ?

I'm willing to do it if nobody else does it already.

> The important thing is for people to realise that you don't need to be a
> coder to contribute to KDE. I think many people are still not aware of
> that.

Exactly.

Cheers, Datschge =)